with candle-lighting times for New York, NY (*)
- Kapporos service in the early morning.
- Festive meal in the early afternoon.
- Light the candles 18 minutes before Sunset (6:18).
- After lighting the candles, recite:
Blessing for Shabbos & Yom-Kippur
- Bo-ruch A-toh Ado-noi E-lo-hei-nu Me-lech Ho-olom A-sher Ki-de-sho-nu Be-mitz-vo-sov Ve-tzi-vo-nu Le-had-lik Ner ShelShabbos V'Shel Yom Ha-ki-purim.
- Bo-ruch A-toh Ado-noi E-lo-hei-nu Me-lech Ho-olom She-heche-yo-nu Ve-ki-yi-mo-nu Ve-higi-o-nu Liz-man Ha-zeh.
- Fast begins. One does not eat nor drink until after the fast ends Saturday night.
- Yizkor memorial prayers.
- Yom Kippur ends after nightfall (7:16).
- After Maariv (evening services) it is a custom to do the Kidush Levanah Service before going home.
- The sunrise/sunset routines lack accuracy. If you enter geographic coordinates above the Arctic Circle or Antarctic Circle, the times are guaranteed to be wrong.
- To show candle lighting time for a city other than New York, NY click here.